How Bad Are the Fumes After a House Termite Treatment?
When you have a house termite treatment, you may wonder what the fumes are like. They can be quite bad, causing health problems for some people. However, it can be difficult to figure out exactly how bad they are. Having a professional inspect your home is the best way to find out. Termites can be hard to notice because they can hide under your walls, in your ceilings, or inside your floors. Luckily, they can be eliminated with a professional pest control company.
(Searching for “mice and rat exterminator“? Visit our website!)
Termites do not directly harm human beings, but they can cause damage to wooden structures. If they get inside your home, they can eat away at the structure, leaving it in a state of disrepair. This can also lead to mold. Mold can cause a variety of health problems, including respiratory and skin diseases. It can also be very hard to rid your home of a termite infestation.
Some homeowners choose to ignore odors that can be a sign of a termite infestation. They do not always smell bad, but they can be a warning that something is wrong. For example, the smell of mildew can be a symptom of a termite infestation. The problem is that it can take months or even years before you realize that there is an infestation.
A termite’s main job is to eat the wood in your home. That is why you may see small holes or blisters on the surface of your flooring. Eventually, the damage will become more serious. In addition to causing the wood to rot, the termites can leave a foul odor. While you can’t completely eliminate the odor, you can do your best to clean up the area. You can try using essential oils such as clove bud oil or cinnamon to repel termites.
Another odor that can be a sign of a potential termite problem is the mud tubes that termites create. These mud tubes can be found near your foundation. Depending on your home’s construction, you might be able to detect these mud tubes by the smell of damp, wet wood. Even if the mud tubes are not visible, you can still check your home for termites by looking for soft, hollow-sounding spots on your wood.
One common problem associated with a termite infestation is allergic reactions. Those who have allergies to the smell of frass from a termite nest can experience serious infections. Those who have not experienced an allergy might think that the odor is simply a smell. As with many odors, the smell does not fade or go away.
If you are concerned about a termite infestation in your home, call ChemFree Exterminating for a free assessment. Our professionals will take a careful look at your situation and recommend the best solution for your property. We are located in Orange County, CA.
Many homeowners mistakenly believe that a termite infestation will only affect them. Thankfully, the truth is that termites are not a dangerous species.