Getting Rid of Termites and How Long Should My Pet Stay Away During Termite Treatment?
Termites are one of the most damaging pests that can invade your home. They can cause serious damage to your wood and even kill some of the most valuable materials in your house. They also cause costly repair bills, so it’s important to take steps to keep your property safe from termites.
(Searching in Google “https://pestcontrolmissoula.us/“? Contact us today!)
Getting Rid of Termites
The best way to get rid of termites is to find a qualified, experienced termite company to help you deal with this problem. They will be able to recommend the most effective treatment for your particular situation, as well as offer suggestions on how to avoid termites in the future.
During your termite inspection, your pest control technician will discuss with you which treatments are most effective for you. These can include liquid pesticides, baits, or fumigation.
Liquid pesticides are traditional methods for termite control, as they provide a long-lasting chemical barrier around your home. However, this type of treatment can be invasive and requires gallons of poison to be applied throughout the entire building. If you have pets, this could be an issue for you as you may have to move your dog or cat into another part of the home during the treatment.
Baits are less invasive and use small amounts of a slow-acting insecticide that is ingested by termites. Once the termites have ingested it, they take it back to the colony and spread it around.
It’s important to be aware of all of these options before making a decision, as they can all impact the health and safety of your family and pets. The pest control professional can discuss all of your options and answer any questions you have so that you can make an informed decision.
How Long Should My Pet Stay Away During Termite Treatment?
The most important thing that you need to remember when trying to figure out how long your pet should stay away during termite treatment is that it’s absolutely essential that they are not in the area where your pest control company is doing the work. This is because it will be extremely dangerous for them and can lead to their death or serious illness.
This is because the pesticides used to kill termites will be very toxic for your pet. The pesticides will be sprayed all over your home and they will be on the ground where the termites live, so it is very important that your pet stays away from this area until it is completely safe.
Keeping your pets away during treatment is not only helpful for termites, but it will be beneficial to you as well. It will be very difficult to walk your pet across the street or let your pet outside for a long time, but it will be worth it for the sake of their life.
If you have a dog or cat, be sure to keep them off of the areas that are being treated and make sure they do not lick or eat anything that has been sprayed or has been touched by the chemicals. This is because they do not have the same ability to tell when something is poisonous as we do, so it is very important that your pet remains off of the affected areas until they are safe.