Pest Control Treatment: Cost
Stomping a few ants is one thing; getting rid of an infestation in your home is quite another. It might be time to call a reputable pest control firm if you notice more than a few insects around your house. These businesses are equipped with the tools, products, and expertise necessary to handle major pest issues.
(Looking for Missoula Pest Control service? Contact Shield Pest Defense)
We’ll outline some typical treatment costs and compare pricing based on the kind of pest you’re dealing with to help you understand how much pest control will cost. We’ll conclude by offering our suggestions for the top pest control company in the nation.
Cost of Pest Control on Average
Below, we evaluate typical pest management costs by service and pest type.
Average Price by Type of Service
A one-time visit for pest control typically costs between $300 and $550, according to HomeAdvisor. Due to the technician’s requirement to look into, diagnose, and remedy the issue all at once, this fee is typically more than routine visits.
Unfortunately, not every aspect of pest control can be handled in a single visit. To get rid of the issue in your home, you could require additional treatments. The initial appointment will often cost between $150 and $300 if the professional believes that you’ll need repeated treatments to deal with your insect problem. A technician will identify the issue, find the nest or location of the worst infestation, develop a pest management strategy, and carry out the initial spraying or trap-laying during the first visit.
Depending on your pest control needs, periodic visits to maintain the plan can happen monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly and typically cost between $40 and $70. You can anticipate paying between $100 and $300 for each treatment if you select a quarterly plan. Similar to a single-visit treatment, annual pest control treatments for modest infestations or yearly inspections typically cost between $300 and $500.
Finally, full-house fumigation is one of the most expensive pest control treatments due to the equipment and labor needed to perform the service. Fumigation costs typically run about $2,000 to $8,000, or about $1 to $4 per square foot of your home.
Factors that Affect Pest Control Pricing
The broad difference in average pest control expenses shown above is caused by a number of things, such as:
- Type of service: You might require chemical sprays, bait traps, fumigation, or other treatments, all of which have varying price tags, depending on your pest problem.
- Frequency of service: The cost of each visit will decrease the more frequently you attend.
- Location: A technician would probably charge a little bit more if your home is in a rural or difficult-to-access place to compensate travel expenses.
- Type of pests: Various pricing models result from different pests being more straightforward to cure than others.
- Type of treatment: Chemical treatments frequently cost less than environmentally friendly options.
- Size of infestation: Costs for larger, more ingrained infestations will be more than for smaller ones.
- Size of property: Larger properties will cost more to treat because many pest control and prevention solutions call for enclosing the perimeter of the house.